Here’s a full list of new features:
- Multiple languages available thanks mainly to babelzilla.
- Fix for the tabbing interaction bugs
- Options menu added to statusbar and toolbar button menu
- xFolk support (needs to be added explicitly in Options if you are not a new install)
- tag support for ma.gnolia.com
- Improvements to adding calendar entries
- include-pattern support for hCard and hCalendar
- Implied “n” optimization for hCards
- Improved debugging dialogs to use text area instead of alerts so they can handle large data and can be copied
- When debug mode is on, microformats with invalid items are bolded
- When debug mode is off, invalid microformat errors are placed in the Error console
- When you are in microformats mode with all handlers and have debug mode on, you get an additional menutem called “Debug” that displays the source and internal representation of the microformat (no more keystrokes)
- Selecting an invalid microformat displays error and source in the same window
- Operator now follows the bookmarks toolbar conventions for opening new windows and tabs. This includes:
- Opening links in the current window by default
- Middle click opens in a background tab
- Shift+click opens in a new window
- Ctrl/Ctrl+Shift open in a new tab based on the hidden preference browser.tabs.loadBookmarksInBackground (which is the opposite of Select new tabs opened from links – see my previous post)
- If you right click on a microformat, the microformat handlers show up on the context menu
- I have added an experimental feature for highlighting microformats that can be turned on in preferences. Not only does it highlight microformats when you hover over them, when you select microformats in any Operator menu, they are highlighted on the page. Please give me feedback on this item.
Here’s my social contract status for this release:
- All code was run through JSLint
- All handlers were tested
- All migrations were tested
- This release contains safeguards against leaving in debug messages in
- I learned more XPath and was able to use it in more places to improve performance
- I made multiple beta versions available before the official release
- I fixed every bug that was reported so far
Note the “Extra Extra” tab in Debug is there for a reason – I’ll be posting about that soon.
Thanks for your support!