Operator 0.7a is available. This is an alpha release. Really.
You probably won’t notice anything obvious that has changed, but under the covers, things are very different. Here’s a list of some of the changes:
- Complete rewrite of parser and actions system
- Experimental support for species and XFN (These probably won’t be in the official release)
- More complete support for hCard and hCalendar
- Exporting a contact or event now gives you the option to save it to disk
- You can choose to not remove duplicate microformats
- Various bug fixes
- Ability to drop in Brian Suda’s X2V transforms to compare results (More info on that later)
- REMOVED: Ability to have default handlers for a given microformats
The new actions system is in flux right now, so I’m not giving any detail on how to write to it yet. Old handlers will still work, so if you have those, just drop them in.
If you find bugs, please report them as comments to this post.
As per my social contract, all code has been run through JSLint and migration from three versions of Operator have been tested.