We’ve recently created a newsgroup/mailing list to talk about Firefox as it relates to enterprise, educational institutions, or other similar ventures. Here’s the first post I just put up:
The goal of this newsgroup is to help enterprises, educational institutions and other similar groups embrace Firefox.
When we use the term “enterprise,” we in no way mean to limit the focus to large businesses. We want to help anyone from high schools to Fortune 100 companies.
We’ll be talking about issues related to things like:
* Customizing the browser for a particular deployment
* Deploying the browser in a specific environment
* Creating custom extensions for your deployment
* Training issues
We have a wiki with some information at:
There have also been some posts on my blog:
We look forward to your participation!
You can access the newsgroup multiple ways:
- mozilla.community.enterprise on news.mozilla.org
- mozilla.community.enterprise on Google Groups
- mozilla.community.enterprise mailing list
Hopefully we can use this medium to foster some more discussion around Firefox in the enterprise.