I’m making a release candidate for Operator available hoping that I can shake out any last bugs in it. It’s available here. Note the release candidate is English only. I have it on Babelzilla at this moment getting translated.
First the caveat – RDFa support is not baked in this version (as in RDFa the old way doesn’t work, and RDFa the new way doesn’t work). That’s mainly because the RDFa spec was in flux. I think it’s done now and hopefully we’ll have the RDFa parser before I release the official 0.9.
So what is going to be new in 0.9? Lots of bug fixes and improvements to general interpretation of how microformats work. I detailed this in a previous post, but here are some highlights:
- Songbird support!
- Fixes to make sure things work in Firefox 3
- Menus no longer magically disappear on some pages
- hCards supports nested menus to access actions (more logical than trying to use adr for multiple addresses)
- Nested microformats are now handled per the spec as best we can figure it out
- Performance should be much better (and it has been in my experience)
I hope some people will try this out and let me know how I did. I’m trying to get 0.9 out next week for SXSW. Thanks!
ONE MORE THING: If your microformat is hidden (via CSS or otherwise), it will no longer display in Operator by default! You need to turn on the “show hidden microformats” preferences. See this post.