Operator 0.9 is available

NOTE: There is a problem with the zh-TW, hr-HR, cs-CZ, pt-BR and ru-RU translations. I’ll post a 0.9.1 when I get this worked out. Unfortunately this makes Operator 0.9 unusable in those languages because for some reason Babelzilla replaced the strings with blanks (not what I asked for).

Operator 0.9 is available. This was mainly done so I can get my t-shirt, although it has been overdue.

I’ve talked about what is in this release before, but to repeat:

This version includes:

  • Songbird support!
  • Fixes to make sure things work in Firefox 3
  • Menus no longer magically disappear on some pages
  • hCards supports nested menus to access actions (more logical than trying to use adr for multiple addresses)
  • adr is no longer on the menu by default (you can add it, but it has no default actions)
  • Nested microformats are now handled per the spec as best we can figure it out
  • Performance should be much better (and it has been in my experience)
  • If a microformat is not visible, it doesn’t appear in Operator (You can turn on a preference if you want to see all microformats)
  • Actions for MapQuest and Amazon.com
  • A new RDFa parser based on the new spec (pages will need to be updated)

Unfortunately, I don’t have more detail on the RDFa situation. Elias sent me a new parser, and I included it. Please bug him to know what needs to change on pages. And I apologize to the existing RDFa users out there that I have broken.

Also, there were some performance problems with the release candidate that were definitely addressed. Hopefully things should be speedy.

Enjoy!

Please note: I reserve the right to delete comments that are offensive or off-topic.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

6 thoughts on “Operator 0.9 is available

  1. Hi Mike, thanks for all the hard work on Operator. It’s a great tool for us web developers who want to support microformats.

    But… I have a big problem with the combination of 0.9 and Firebug in Firefox 2.0.0.12. If firebug is enabled Firefox locks up. It looks like firebug catches an exception in getSemanticData as the page is loading and wants to debug it but just locks up the page. If I disable Firebug everything works fine…

    Hope you can figure this out as I’m sure I’m not the only person running the combination of firebug and operator 🙂

    Thanks,


    BP

  2. I do have an answer for the Firebug problem. I’ll be updating to 0.9.1 hopefully tomorrow to fix the Firebug interaction and the localization problems.