I’m finally making Operator 0.9.5 available. You can download it from AMO. (It might not be there yet).
This version has a very significant change – I’ve removed the ability to have Operator present itself based on actions versus the data. I don’t believe this will affect most people – data has been the default for a long time, and I would bet that is what most people use. If there is significant pushback, I’ll reconsider. The reason I made this change is because I now allow you to turn individual actions on and off and I thought it would be very confusing to have the ability to specify actions on a toolbar, as well as turn off individual actions.
You also might find that some of your user scripts are not working anymore (particularly ones that install new microformats). I’ll be working on solving this problem over the next few weeks. Basically the problem was that I had told people to explicitly import the Microformats API but if you do that, you don’t get the new Microformats API included with Operator. I haven’t found a good way to completely solve this problem so for now I had to disable anything that tries to include Microformats.js. I’m working on a way to sandbox my API from the Firefox API.
So to summarize the changes:
- Actions view is no longer supported
- You can turn individual actions on/off
- Actions always open in a new tab
- The new value class date patterns for microformats are fully supported (http://microformats.org/wiki/value-class-date-time-tests)
- RDFa support has been tweaked a little so you should see Resources where you didn’t before.
- First run page
- Various bug fixes
- More translations