Update: I did eventually find the terms of service. You have to be logged in to getpersonas.com in order to see them. Also, the DMCA information is linked at the bottom of getpersonas.com as “Legal Notices”.
Although I couldn’t find the terms of service for submitting a Persona to getpersonas.com, the FAQs indicates that you must agree to the following:
- You either own all the elements of your design OR you are authorized worldwide to reproduce and distribute them (and allow others to do so) by the owner or the law.
- Your design does not contain provocative, offensive, or sexual content (i.e., it is G or PG-rated).
- Your design does not include identifiable elements of any non-celebrity person(s) other than yourself or individuals who have given you permission to do so.
- Your design does not depict violence or Nazi imagery, nor is it discriminatory or hateful.
- Your design does not relate to gambling.
- Your design does not violate any applicable law or regulation or the rights of any person or entity.
It’s pretty clear from through the Personas inventory, that a lot of people are simply ignoring these restrictions, and Mozilla doesn’t have the volunteer capacity to enforce them.
So if you discover an image that is a violation of your trademark or copyright, you must submit a DMCA takedown notice in order to get it removed. I was unable to find this information on getpersonas.com, but I did find it on the main Mozilla website, so I wanted to share it with anyone who needs it.
Be aware, though, that based on the information at the end of that section, Mozilla might post your DMCA request to the Chilling Effects website.