I never got tagged with the Seven Things meme, but it sounded like fun. Here goes:
- I'm a Dave Ramsey Certified Counselor. I facilitate Financial Peace University at my church and I've volunteered at seven Total Money Makeover Live Events (eight after this weekend).
- I'm a published author - IBM's Official OS/2 Warp FAQs. It was translated into Russian and Chinese.
- I played football in high school. OK, I practiced football. But I was on the team.
- I'm a big U2 fan. I used to have a huge collection but I've slimmed down over the years. I've seen them in concert 12 times, including seven just on the PopMart tour. Two of those were in Dublin, Ireland.
- I have been involved with web browsers since 1996 and the Mozilla project since its inception. I'm one of the few people that has been working on the Mozilla project since its inception and and has never been employed by Netscape or Mozilla.
- I went to Southern Methodist University. Their claim to fame is that they were one of the few colleges to suffer the NCAA Death Penalty. I went to a soccer homecoming game and I was there for their first win after fielding a team in 1989. I also had an apartment that was actually on sorority row. Unfortunately it's a parking garage now.
- I have been an employee of IBM (co-op, full time or leave of absence) since June of 1989. I didn't even interview with any other company out of college. That is until the end of February. When my layoff is final. Long live Kaply Consulting.
I got tagged for a similar meme on Facebook, so check there in a few days if you want to learn way too much about me.